Friday, February 26, 2010

Valentine E-Card Game

I was putting together a portfolio and decided I needed more generic designs to add to it. My sense of humour is pretty warped and most of my animations aren't really what I'd deem appropriate for a prospective employer. So I decided to make this e-card game. Valentine's day is a nice card holiday, nice and generic, really. Who could object to it? Even though the story behind it is rather morbid with heavy religious overtones, there's really something in it for everyone. Decapitated priests, anti-religious leaders, Christians getting married, love, romance, prostitution...

Anyway, I didn't bother with a score or timer on it, mostly because I ended up finishing it after Valentine's day and couldn't be bothered editing it belatedly. There's some masking issues as well. I'm happy with the relatively simplistic graphics and the over-all look and feel of it though. The popping sound is pretty neat and the game itself is a bit like bubble wrap - there's no rhyme or reason to it, you just need to play it again! Not really up to my own standards or anywhere near perfect but meh, only took me about 3 days.





No comments:

Post a Comment